Our journey with our lil bundle of joy from Conception to Delivery & Beyond

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Easier said than done....

Week 5 and 6 go by and I'm cruising along. Morning sickness? What in the world is that? Everyone's been enquiring whether I'm doing well and I couldn't have been better. My skin is glowing and the one off zits have also disappeared into oblivion. Looks like this is going to be a fun pregnancy.
Uh Oh! Mid Week 7 and we seem to have run into some rough evening weather:-( My stomach starts to feel bloated. I'm burping away to glory. My appetite seems to have taken a vacation. By late evening, I can't get myself to make a decent dinner. The foods that are supposed to be healthy and full of iron and protein give me nausea. And all this makes me wanna stay in bed and sulk. To top it, I'm having horrible mood swings. One minute I'm happy as a lark, the next minute I'm sobbing buckets. Oh God! what in the world is happening to me. I can't imagine how women have babies that too more than one! Phew! By end of day, I'm completely drained out. Old wives recipes begin to pour in from all corners of town. Websites & my ready reckoner say suck on some ginger, preggy pops, eat crackers, potato chips, drink mint tea. After 2-3 days of trial n error, I found that chewing ginger helps. Eating bread slices helps with the bile and the burping.


I seem to have developed a food aversion toward healthy meals and a craving for seafood. I ask my husband to take me to lunch so I can feast on some tandoor shrimp. He willingly obliges. I finish the plate and then before exiting the restaurant, throw up the whole thing (luckily made it to the restroom in time). That was my first barfing episode.

As the days go by, my burping episodes have become a daily evening affair. Finally, out of sheer desperation, I call my OB-GYN who suggests I take Mucaine Gel. Thats a welcome relief but is shortlived.

After several trials n errors with remedies n cures, my new found wisdom says eat small meals but eat at the first sign of the burp and lo and behold the burp subsides and I'm much better.

Luckily these awful evenings seem to be coming to an end. Luckily for me it lasted 2 weeks and with 1 barfing episode. My heart goes all out to those women out there who have to battle morning sickness throughout most of their pregnancy. Weeks 7, 8, 9 go by and I'm feeling better at the end of week 9.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
ugg boots sale